Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Dramatic Color-Splashed Photos Edited Using PicMonkey

 Hey there! It's Hallie, and today I'm going to be showing you how to edit a photo in the same way I edited this photo of my newest doll, Caroline.


Caroline's dramatic photo with a black-and-white color- splashed blackground.

  PicMonkey has SO many ways to make your photos look more dramatic. Today, I'll be showing you how to 'splash' a photo in PicMonkey. I used to do it in Photo Bucket, but it was such a hassle to upload the photo just to edit it. Note that this is on Windows, I don't know if the PicMonkey page is changed for mobile or other devices.

 First, go to PicMonkey 

 Click edit. If you are on windows, like I am, it will likely prompt you to choose a photo from your computer. Choose the photo that you would like to edit.

 Once the in-browser editing program launches, click "effects"


Click on the wand that means"effects"

  Once you are in effects, scroll until you see the button for "Black and White"
Click "Black and White"
 Once you have clicked it, your photo will become black and white and you should see something like this:

Click the paintbrush button.
 Click the paintbrush button. A small tab will pop up on your photo. Click the "Reverse Effect" box and color will return to your image.


Click "Reverse Effect" and the color should return to your image.
 Once you have done that, just move the tab to a part of the picture you aren't painting black and white and click your mouse to paint! It's very simple. Just make sure you don't close out the tab that popped up on your photo (shown above) or it won't work.

 Thanks for reading, have fun, and feel free to ask questions.

 ~Hallie

 Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with PicMonkey. I am also not responsible for any injury or problems caused by any of my posts or tutorials. Read and do at your own risk. I have to post this 'cuz of legal stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment